We hope you enjoyed the peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies last week! This week we are going to be tackling a dog treat recipe that is easy to make at home. These cookies are exclusively for your dog (not for human consumption) although the ingredients are safe for humans, the flavor is catered towards your furry friends palette. But hey if you end up eating a few of the treats… we don’t blame you. You should already have all of the ingredients you will need in your pantry.
Pro-tip: your pet will love you even more if you let them lick the mixing bowls to help with cleanup!
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 30 min Total Time: 40 min
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ⅗ cup of nonfat milk or almond milk
- 1 large egg or ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup of oats
- 2-3 strips of cooked bacon – chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees (F)
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, milk & egg
- Add in the flour and baking powder to the mixture
- Add in oats & bacon
- Mix all of the ingredients together (the dough will be very thick)
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness
- Using a knife or cookie cutter, cut out pieces of the dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Remove the tray from the oven and flip over each cookie
- Place cookies back in oven for an additional 10-12 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool
While we are on the topic, here are some common foods you should avoid feeding your dog for health reasons:
- Chocolate (milk, dark, white)
- Coffee (any caffeine)
- Xylitol (Candy, gum, toothpaste, diet foods, and most baked goods)
- Onions and Garlic
- Macadamia Nuts
- Peaches, Plums (the pits are dangerous)
Shoutout to SallysBakingAddiction for the recipe inspiration!
The dog treat recipe above includes no ingredients that are harmful to your dogs health. In addition, they are vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Tag us on social media with your final product and check out the full video tutorial on our YouTube channel!
Full video tutorial: Coming soon!